Thursday, September 1, 2011

the missing days...

I left you on Friday. SO I'll attempt to fill in the gaps of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Saturday: This was our last morning with Angela at the Seacrest B&B in Quilty, Clare. We didn't change up our routine of 9am breakfast of eggs and real bacon. Not to mention the tea. Oh how miss the tea. I really need to get some tea makings. Soon. Anyways, Kaitie ate her brown bread while I claimed anything that wasn't brown. Seriously, Brown bread and I aren't friends. Like at all. One bite took me like ten minutes to eat. We set out with goals in mind...farmers markets. First stop, Ennistimon. We passed it on the first go round...very small town so its easy to do. I flipped the car around and zoomed into a parking spot. Got out...walked in and HEAVEN. Seriously, just the local product availability and fresh cheeses alone would make me move to Ireland in a heartbeat. A heartbeat. Next time, I want to stay where there is a kitchen. Gas stove. I will cook to my hearts content. Anyways, cheese. There was a table full of cheese. Cheese must be the key to my heart because let me tell you my knees were weak. The kind lady running the table let me try anything and everything I wanted then informed me that I would be allowed to take some cheese into the country. OMG. JMJ. Music to my ears. So I bought Irish Bree, Cashel Sheep's Blue, and a Goat's Gouda. I am so excited to eat these. Kaitie was finally able to pull me away from the table. I left unwillingly but happy and glowing enough. Next one... but first a stop at a beach. We drove through Lahinch and stopped at the beach. Kaitlin wanted pictures and sand. There were so many surfers and the waves weren't that large like at all. I've boogey boarded larger ones. and it was raining and cold. Everyone in the water I deemed crazy... super crazy. Not the everyday crazy that everyone is. Cause you know everyone is crazy just to different degrees. Like I believe someone called me an 8, recently. lol. Ballyvaughn next stop. Produce, produce, produce...envy,envy,envy. More cheese but what got me here was the poultry you could pick out and it was alive. If i bought one do they kill it or do I? either way I was game. Next time with that kitchen, I will find out. There was some fresh pesto made with goat cheese that set my mouth watering. Seriously, would move in a heartbeat just gotta finish my education degree. We enjoyed some tea and a very large cookie while i stared in utter bliss as recipes started flowing in my head. If I only had a kitchen to cook in, the things I wanted to try.

We went into Lisdoonvarna to kill time before horseback riding again. Lisdoonvarna was preparing for the matchmaking festival held annually in September, with an actual matchmaker. Yes the whole "matchmaker matchmaker make me a match catch me a catch find me a find" popped in my head and I was singing Fiddler for a few minutes in my head. I sat down to write some postcards and just relax. mainly prepare for my ass hurting during two hours of horseback riding that I insisted on doing again. Why? Why not? When was ever going to have the opportunity to go through the Burren on horseback while looking out to Galway Bay or the Cliffs of Moher. So bruises on my bum. worth it.

And it was. Worth it. Kaitlin rode Guinness again and I was on Parick. A gentle horse. and he was. I was at the end of the line this time around so I was given more guidance. much needed help. I believe Peter told me I was leaning to the left at one point and I was like "umm ok." Shrugged and attempted to right myself. I did better? I doubt it. But I was more relaxed and it was the highlight of my trip. I really loved it. I need to familiarize myself with horses more. They are beautiful animals. God's creation for sure. Maybe next time I'll take a longer trek. Maybe I'll actually get the hang of trotting. Baby steps. I'd like to brush a horse too. Its a safe bet to say that when I go, and I will sooner rather than later, I'll get that kitchen in a cottage near this area so I can go horseback riding again.

After the trek, we headed to Kinvarra to find a place to stay and grab some dinner before our session. We started the night at Pier Head and then made our way to O'Connell's. Met a few friends along the way and enjoyed the local craic. Ended the night in Kinvarra feeling good.

Sunday morning was filled with a hangover. We lounged about and enjoyed a full Irish breakfast, yes blood pudding. Around six that evening we got around to moving. lol. Rounds system is great but not for me who rarely drinks more than two. Pizza was on the menu for the night followed by some wine and the best full nights rest in my life. The drive to Dublin was uneventful and pretty. Followed with us driving around going crap i forgot to figure out where our hotel is. lol. We found it, checked in, and went shopping. SHOES... OMG Shoes. I really wanted some but refrained. Had an amzing dinner while watching Irish band and dancing. Slept then woke unhappy because we were leaving. I was tempted too much to stay. Just get up and walk away from the airport and figure out where to go later. Holiday was over and I had a long Tuesday filled with airports. First thing I heard from when turning on my phone: work. Reality sets in. I'm home.





Until next year Ireland, Cheers. ~Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment